We're currently recruiting electricians for our busy building company in Bath. These are permanent, full-time positions carrying out electrical testing, remedial work, smoke alarm installations & general electrical repairs and maintenance. The location of the work will predominantly be in Bath, Bristol and surrounding areas.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Inspection and testing of fixed wire circuits in domestic and commercial properties
- Working throughout the Bath and Bristol region for housing associations, domestic customers and businesses
- Producing NICEIC electrical certification in accordance with BS 7671:2008 on site using provided laptop
- Reporting progress and regularly sending certificates through to the office staff
- Assessing timescales & material requirements for extra works such as electrical remedials following inspection
- Carry out other electrical works such as rewires and installations where required
- Opportunities to work on fire & intruder alarms, door entry systems, floodlighting and other specialist works depending on skills and experience
- 18th Edition (Level 3 Award in the Requirements Electrical Installations BS7671)
- NVQ 3 Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment Diploma or equivalent qualifications/experience
- 2391/2394/2395 Inspection & Testing
- Level 3 Requirements for Maintenance of Electrical Equipment or any other electrical certification)
- Gold ECS card
- Full clean driving license
- Mobile Elevating Work Platform IPAF certification
- Asbestos Awareness
- Any other Health & Safety certification such as Manual Handling or Gas Safety Awareness
Normal contracted hours are 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Whilst at present there is no formal arrangement for out of hours cover it is expected that an agreed rota may need to be put in place in the future.
A work van, fuel card and uniform will be supplied by the company.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.